How to apply
- You will need to fill in your personal information, select a level of permit and agree to the terms of the permit.
- After your application has been made you will need to provide payment.
- Any permits above the 'Annual' level may require you to schedule an inspection. You will need a valid email address during payment to receive your completed permit.
Rules for Fire Permits
- All fire permits are subject to regulations in order to ensure fire prevention, including the prevention of the spreading of fires.
- By-Law 38-2018 sets out such regulations. It is important you read and understand these rules before a fire permit is issued.
Level 3 Permits
Level 3 permits are not available online are only available by contacting the Red Lake Fire Department directly. A level 3 Permit allows a very large fire and will require an inspection and possibly dedicated fire fighting apparatus. For more information call 807-727-1290.
How to choose a Permit Type
- Allows a fire less than 0.7m x 0.7m x 0.7m in size
- Allows a fire consisting of leaves, needles, clean wood and wood by-products.
- This permit is valid for the length of the fire season.
- Allows commercial fire pots (ex. Chimineas) no larger than 0.7m x 0.7m x 0.7m
Level 1 Permit (4 day permit)>
- Allows a fire less than 2m x 2m x 2m in size
- Allows a fire for the purposes burning grass or debris.
- This permit is valid for 4 days beginning on the date of application.
- Grass Only - the total are to be burned does not exceed 0.1 ha
- Grass Only - the length of the flaming edge does not exceed 15m
Level 2 Permit (Incinerators)>
- Allows a fire that exceeds the specific conditions of the annual and level 1 permits
- Allows for the operation of an incinerator.
- An inspection is required
- This permit is valid for 4 days beginning on the date of issuance
- In the case of an incinerator the permit is valid for the fire season.